- Shock, Gore, and More: ‘Unplanned’ Recycles Timeworn Tropes of Anti-Choice Films (Rewire)
- From Ordinary to Extraordinary: Putting the “Shrill” Abortion Scene in Context (Ms. Magazine)
- Study: Abortion Rates Are in Decline, But There’s No Single Reason Why (Rewire)
- Study: Abortion Pills Ordered Online Were Safe, But None Came With Instructions (Rewire)
- Moms Get Real About Their Abortions (Kveller)
- People Have Multiple Abortions—and Stigmatizing Them Is Counterproductive (Rewire)
- ‘Birthright’ Film Offers Incomplete Look at the War on Abortion (Rewire)
- A New Online Service Aims to Help Women Self-Manage Abortion (Glamour)
- What It’s Like for Jewish Moms Who Are Abortion Providers (Kveller)
- ‘Our Patients Aren’t Stupid’: New Study Finds Mandatory Waiting Periods, Counseling Don’t Work as Intended (Rewire)
- Bill O’Reilly Made My Life a Nightmare (Marie Claire)
- Yes, taxpayer dollars should fund abortions (The Hill)
- Ilyse Hogue on Abortion Storytelling, Fighting Trump — and Being a Jewish Mom (Kveller)
- What It’s Like to Be a Jew of Color—& Abortion Activist—In the Trump Era (Kveller)
- The GOP health plan dismantles vital safety net programs for Americans (The Hill)
- When Allies Stigmatize: Nick Kristof, Family Planning, and Abortion (Rewire)
- New Report Shows Just Who Has the Hardest Time Paying for an Abortion (Glamour.com)
- New Study Reveals Americans Are Actually Supportive When People Talk About Getting an Abortion (Glamour.com)
- How we can end abortion stigma in the news (Bust.com)
- The Cultural Toll of the Hyde Amendment (Rewire)
- How Your Organization Can Build Resilience to Abortion Stigma (Medium)
- Imagining a World Without Abortion Stigma (Rewire)
- Four Ways to Create Culture Change Around Abortion (Rewire)
- Obvious Child: The Movie About Abortion We’ve Been Waiting For (Feministing)
- “The Stakes are So High”: interviews with progressive journalists reporting on abortion. Co-authored with Gretchen Sisson and Katie Woodruff. Published in the peer-reviewed journal Contraception in 2017.
- Women’s Private Conversations about Abortion: A Qualitative Study. Co-authored with Katrina Kimport and Kate Cockrill. Published in the peer-reviewed journal Women’s Health in 2015.
- Shaping Stigma: An Analysis of mainstream news coverage of abortion, 2014-2015, co-authored with Laura Nixon, Lillian Seklir, Pamela Mejia, Kate Cockrill, Katie Woodruff, and Lori Dorfman, 2017.
- More connected to each other: Results and insights from launching the Untold Stories Project, a new campaign of reproductive storytelling, co-authored with Roula AbiSamra and Kate Cockrill, 2015.
- From Severe Stigma to Powerful Resilience: Youth Sexuality, Parenting, and the Power of Structural Support, co-authored with Elizabeth Greenblatt and Kate Cockrill, 2015.
- Addressing Abortion Stigma Through Service Delivery, co-authored with Kate Cockrill, Ushma Upadhyay, Sarah Baum, Kelly Blanchard, and Dan Grossman, 2014.
I am more focused on balancing between academic publications and snarky tweets these days, but here’s an archive of some of my past public writing.Please note that I’m always learning and evolving; how I thought about reproductive health, rights, and justice movement issues in 2010, for example, is likely not how I think about it today. With that caveat: